Monday, December 7, 2015

Management Structure Of A Hotel

Management Structure Of A Hotel
          The management structure of hotel consists of all the positions and responsibilities under the authority of corporate management. Organization chart of hotels in this chapter shows the flow of responsibilities under different heads to facilitate the job to be done on time . General Manager is the administrative in-charge of whole the hotel and accountable to the corporate  management. General Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and controlling the activities related to the set goals of the corporate level. All the hotel policies and strategies are also the responsibilities under his head. To carry out  set targets, General Manager cannot manage everything on his own. In large-scale hotels, there comes another position, Executive Assistant Manager (EAM) or in most of the cases Resident Manager (RM). EAM/RM acts as a general manager in his absence. He is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the hotel and is held responsible for major management grievances handling, welfare of staff, safety of property and guests as a whole.

        Total organization of a hotel is divided into different departments to carry out day-to-day functions and to sure an efficient line of communication between all levels of management. Each department has its head of department (HOD), the executives, supervisors and staff under him/her. In a simple sense, the managers or the head of departments (HODs) are responsible for formulating plans of their department. The executives are to execute the plans laid and supervisors are to supervise the executed plans with the help of subordinates. Each step of the operation has a systematic reporting system to facilitate two-way communication among all departments.

        However, in small hotels, the Hotel Manager is responsible for almost all aspect of operation (Planning of budgets, recruitment of staff and ordering of materials, etc.). The management of the hotel depends upon the size of the hotel and the volume of the business. Obviously, in large hotels the General Manager has more administrative functions and is accountable for major management decisions. At same time,there would be a greater specialization of responsibilities among Head of Departments (HODs). 

7 comments:

  1. Amazing blog,
    Really you are giving a nice information by your blog that is very useful for us. Thank you so much.
    hotel advisory services thailand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a needful information Keep Blogging!! Hotels in Cherokee IA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your work.Thanks for sharing. Get the best hotel at affordable price in Orange City,Iowa.Here is our website link.
    Hotel suites orange city Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  5. its amazing content, very well defined about the management structure. Also, if you need Complete Guide on ICO Token Development
    , do not delay in shaking hands with LBM Blockchain Solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Blog Sir You are providing Very amazing information to us. I am Also a Blogger I write Blog on the topics of Blockchain Technology and Crypto Exchange. Recently I wrote Blog On How To Develop Your Own Crypto Token . In This Blog I Described Every Point of How You Can Develop Your Own Crypto Token. So Click On the Link and Read my Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice information for viewer and this post. Amazing article.

    Discord marketing services

    ReplyDelete